On Monday, Steve and KP had to take a "class" on the 2 campers we were renting. While they did this, Mimi and I let the kids look in all the campers that they could (some of them were locked). After I stepped in an ant bed, I was ready to go inside!! Inside, we found out that there was a bird. The lady in the office said that he bites and not to put your finger in the cage!! Casey spent quite a bit of time trying to get the bird to ring the bell in his cage. She kept asking him if he was ready to ring the bell and then telling him to do it. He didn't listen--hum, kinda sounds like us at times!!!
We got to the campground and got set up just in time to start dinner. We had a great time and finally got everyone in bed after 10. Pour Mimi and KP (and Casey and Drew) were right next to the bath house and activity center so they got most of the noise. We would have all slept well if it had not been so dog-gone cold outside. We now all have a new respect for 51 degrees--you need more than a light blanket and shorts!!!
Even thought the rest of our trip was cool (we finally got some long pants to sleep in Tuesday night and that helped a bunch) and misty we had fun. We had a campfire both night and roasted marshmallows, we watched Idol on a TV KP and Mimi brought (I know talk about roughing it), but who am I to say anything, we brought a dvd player so Casey and Landon could watch George!! See.....
We played Spoons
and American Trivia with the kids. We went on walks, played on the playground, flew kites on the beach and just enjoyed being together. Now on to planning the next trip!!
No comments:
Post a Comment