Swagbucks Swidget

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I heard a new song tonight.

Most of you know this has been a hard week. We just got home from an amazing 2 week trip!!! On Saturday,Bill and Deb, some very close friends of ours were in a tragic wreck. They had also been on a long trip with their best friends, Ed and Marcy. Sadly, Marcy died in the wreck and Deb has been in critical condition. She is now in a step down unit from ICU but had to have surgery today to work on her shattered hip. This has made for a long week for us. We have been very worried about our friends and deeply sad for Ed as he starts looking for a new normal with out his wife.
I read several blogs and have some friends who write great blogs but sorry guys you are stuck with me (unless you stop reading) and I am not bashing myself but writing is not my strong suit. All of this to say....
This life is only a blink of the eye. We are not promised any amount of time here. There is absolute truth in this world and it is that God so loved you (and me--and the entire world) that He sent his only son, Jesus, to die on the cross and pay for our sin--yours and mine!! This is the ONLY way that you can go to heaven. You can be a great person but that is not good enough, you MUST admit that you are a sinner, believe that Jesus is God's son and that He died on the cross to pay for your sin and confess your sins to God and your need for Him. Not hard but life altering.

So that song? I bet you are wondering why I told you I heard a new song and then have not told you which song. Well I'm getting there. I know that God speaks to me through music at times and today was one of those. See, I've been worried about my friends--started with Bill and Deb but is true for all of you out there--I want to be bold and ask do you know that you know that you know?!!! Their friend, Ed was on my mind tonight at church during a music thing. One of the songs was called Every Season and is by Nichole Nordeman. So finish reading this and then take a short minute to listen to and watch the video.
The part that got me says:

Even now in death, You open doors for life to enter
You are winter

And everything that’s new has bravely surfaced
Teaching us to breathe
What was frozen through is newly purposed
Turning all things green
So it is with You
And how You make me new
With every season’s change
And so it will be

As You are re-creating me.....



This week God has shown me how He is in the small things. Funny that our lesson in Bible study was on God being faithful in ALL things and then our pastor preached on basically being bold in our faith.
So tonight hold on to your loved ones a little longer, count to 10 one more time if you need to (moms and dads I know you know what I'm talking about here), let your friends and family know how much you love them. We're not promised tomorrow!
I love you guys!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post. Sometimes you just have to say what you know----and know what you say. Love you---