Swagbucks Swidget

Monday, December 7, 2009

Oh NO....NOT ME!!

Feeling bad about letting your kids eat junk for breakfast? Not getting MOM OF THE YEAR because you let a child out of the house and made it to the store withOUT shoes? Well don't worry, we're all in this together. So sit back and enjoy some of the things I did not do this week. Then head over to Mckmama's site(just click on the Not Me button at the top of this post) and see what a lot of other moms have NOT been doing this week.

This week I did not waste a ton of printer paper and ink--all while trying to actually SAVE paper!! Nope not me I am very careful with how I put paper in my printer and would never put it in upside down when I'm printing on the back of a printed page.

I did not have the opportunity to hear many (and I do mean MANY) versions of Away in A Manger as sung by a certain little blond 3 year old.

I have not forgotten to pick up the same item from the store all week. And said item has not been on my shopping list each time. I always check my list before I leave to make sure I have all the needed items.

I did not spend 2 hours shopping for something to wear to Steve's company Christmas party and then not buy a single thing for me or Steve.

I did not have a wonderful time at the party with Steve and we did not enjoy staying in the hotel over night--just us!!

I am not totally grateful to Mimi and Kokopat for keeping all of the kids this weekend.

We did not have a wonderful visit with our old neighbors in Charlotte and they are not doing great recovering from their wreck.

Steve and I did not go to a movie just because we didn't have the kids and the theater was within walking distance of our hotel.

If we had gone to a movie, we would not have chosen the midnight showing. Since we did not go to the midnight movie, then we were not walking in uptown Charlotte at 2:30AM.

I most certainly did not tell Steve how much I disliked cold weather--nope not even once.

I also did not tell Steve that we were not getting in the elevator at the hotel with 2 other couple simply because they had been parting a lot harder than we had!!

I also did not see young ladies dressed like REINDEER at several different places. If I had seen this, I'm sure that their "attire" would have been longer than the shirt I sleep in at night!!

I did not leave Mimi and Kokopat with 2 little people where had been coughing like crazy and a teenager who needed to be someplace at 8AM!

3 comments:

Lexi said...

Hi! I just came across your blog and wanted to share my site with you since you have a cute little girl! :) Hope youll come enter my giveaway for some cute hair clips!
www.Sugarandspice4baby.blogspot.com

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Ahhhh, just when I thought the provacative Halloween costumes were gone, you go and tell me there are now slutty reindeer? What is this world coming to????

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Oh the shopping list! I have never forgotten anything! Especially not computer paper for the last two weeks... Certainly not when my kids ask for it everyday for something to draw on... Hmmm, I'm going to try again tomorrow! Maybe those reindeer could remember what we needed! :o)