Swagbucks Swidget

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Honor Flight Returns Home

Granddaddy's Crew

You know what...last night was wonderful!!!  I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to be at the airport  to welcome home these wonderful heros.  I will do my best not to miss another opportunity to be at another homecoming or deployment.  It was especially sweet to have the honor of welcoming home Granddaddy.
At the WWII Memorial
Waiting in the flag line
It was a long night for Casey and Landon....the plane was late landing (as in past their bedtimes) and there wasn't lots to do and there were lots of people and it was hot but the honor was all ours!!!  Some times I am just at a loss for words--I know some of you are shocked.

I would encourage everyone to take the opportunity to welcome home our heros!  Be there for our soldiers who are going into harms way--be there when they return home from active duty or an honor flight--line the path for their funerals!
Agree with me or not...that's your right, your FREEDOM--these soldiers returning home yesterday made sure of that as do those who daily defend your rights and freedoms.

Now take a minute and enjoy a taste of last nights home coming!!   (The link is at the bottom)
Thank you Laurie and Jeff and all of the scouts who were there last night also!!!
Jeff and Landon





BTW...the girl (in the video--link below) with the orange shirt and long dark hair--she's my cousin.  She arrived back in the states night before last--she lives in AUSTRALIA--what a wonderful surprise to get to see her!!

http://gallery.me.com/phegler#100116

No comments: