Swagbucks Swidget

Friday, October 12, 2007

Old Friends and New Friends









I can't believe how time flies!!!! On Wednesday, we got to spend some time with Melinda, Macaylia and Micah. It was a great visit. Shelby and Macaylia picked up right where they left off. Melinda and I spent a nice afternoon catching up and watching our kids play!!! Drew thought it was pretty good also because he got to have some electronics time while the girls played. Casey was her normal self in that she was charming but didn't care to "make" friends. Landon, well, it didn't really matter to him what was going on.

I was pretty stunned when Melinda mentioned how long we had known each other. We met at a church picnic in Greenwood. At that time, Shelby and Macaylia were just over 2 years old and her twins were about 6 months old!!! Steve asked her if she needed some help with the girls because they were crying and Macaylia was wanting to go and play on the play ground. I helped her with the twins and Steve took the older girls and Drew to play on the playground.

Things have sure changed since then!! We have both moved to new towns and have more kids. There might be a pattern here. They moved to a new town and another kid and we moved to two different towns and had two more kids. Haa Haa just kidding--there is NO pattern forming here (at least not on my end)!!!! That being said, I know that GOD is totally in control and He works all things to His glory and in His time--which can be very different from what we have planned and despite our best efforts, God still chooses to bless us!!! He is so amazing!!!

Okay now for a little trivia.....

What is the only place that Steve and I have lived SINCE we got married that we have NOT had a kid?






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spartanburg-----you moved there right after Shelby was born and then back to Greenwood when she was about 2. (Mimi's remember these things.)