Happy Late Halloween!!!
Halloween was different this year at the Bagwell house. First off, Drew didn't pick out a costume until the day before Halloween!! He choose a ghost. Okay not hard right? Well let me just tell you that Target does not sell single flat sheets. You have to buy a set--which we did not need for $25!!! Are you kidding? So on Halloween morning--yes on Halloween, we were heading to Walmart to get a flat sheet. All I have to say is "Thank you, Mimi" for asking if I had any white fabric. Well guess what!!! I had 3 yards--which was perfect. It still took all day to get the face cut out and the sides sewed up so that Drew could be a ghost. When I say it took all day--I mean that I was sewing at 4:45pm and we still needed to eat and be ready to leave by 6:15. Guess what--we were late!!!
Shelby choose to be a black cat, Casey was a cute flower and Landon was a pumpkin. Landon didn't really care and Casey practiced "drive by trick or treating." Steve pulled Casey in the wagon and she only got candy when the people were sitting outside where he could pull her to them. We tried getting her to get out but she said "no" and we tried getting her to let the bigger kids take her pumpkin to get her some candy but she said "no" to that also. She enjoyed looking at everyone. I was worried how she was going to do because while we were working on Drew's costume, she was having a fit. She sat there and watched Drew put on his costume and then when he turned around and said hi to her she almost had a stroke!!! She was screaming and frozen in fear!!! We finally cut the face out of Drew's costume so that he could see and so that he wouldn't scare Casey. I really was not sure how she would do with so many "things" out side. That may be why she didn't care to get out of her wagon.
Drew and Shelby had fun trick or treating with their friends, Macy and Tanner. It was nice for Steve and I also because we are in SS with their parents. However, Hal, Macy and Tanner's dad, power trick or treats. He just goes fast and hardly stops!!! We all got a good work out!!! The kids got WAY TO MUCH candy!!! Of course that's not how they feel about it.
We were all tired when we got home and it didn't take long to get everyone to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment