Thursday was an exciting day at our house. Steve had to work in Asheville on Thursday and was going on a golf retreat with the guys from church on Friday. It just so happens that the golf retreat is in the Asheville area!!! How lucky for us!!! Steve left VERY early on Thursday morning and the kids and I left later in the morning. We spent the day with our friends. Shelby was soooo happy!!! She has been missing her friends so much. I also enjoyed seeing everyone. We hadn't seen our friends in Asheville since June so it was definately time!!!! We spent the afternoon with the Andersons and then with the Waites and then we had dinner with the Franz family. It was a jam packed day but so much fun. Steve and I were really ready to get some sleep but the kids were so excited about being in the hotel that they were not ready to go to bed but Steve and I won out!!! Ahh, the perks of parenthood!!!
Friday was interesting. Steve got up and went into work for a couple of hours until the rest of the men got up there from Charlotte. I got the kids dressed and we headed down to breakfast. That was loads of fun!!! Then we headed back up to the room to get backed up. I grabbed a luggage cart before we went up to the room so that I could everybody and everything down to the car in one trip. When we got back up to the room, I realized that it was going to be difficult to get everyone and everything down in one trip but we did it. Here's what we did. I put Landon in his carseat and put him on the front end of the rolling luggage cart. Next I put Landon's rocking chair/bouncy seat on the back of the cart and put Casey in that. She thought that was pretty good. Then I packed stuff under Casey and I held onto the suit case while Shelby carried the diaper bag and Drew carried the portable bed that Landon had slept in. I'm sure we were a sight!!! Several people made comments about our crew. I did have the camrea but it was in the car, OF COURSE!! So you will just have to use your imagination on this one.
Now we are Mimi and KP's house for the weekend. The trip from Ahseville was quiet and things have gone pretty good since we got here. Casey is getting sick and so she is a little less than pleasant to be around. Right now she is crying "uh, bok-bok, gof cart" which is Casey for "I want to ride the golf cart to go see the chickens." So Mimi is taking her for a quick ride to see the chickens. Not sure what the rest of the day holds but we will head home tomorrow after lunch since the kids have choir practice tomorrow night and Shelby has her first art lesson on Monday morning. I'll post halloween pictures after I get home since along with no cell reception the internet is sort of slow here also.
No comments:
Post a Comment