Swagbucks Swidget

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

FREEZE!!!!

You know, God has given me the best family in the world. I know there are days when I am ready to throw in the towel but that is true for all of us if we are honest.

The last few days have been surreal in some ways. Everyone is doing well and we are getting back to normal--what is that anyway?! Well while Steve and I were getting ready for bed the other night, he walked in laughing. I asked him way was so funny and he said "Does it ever feel like we are playing house? I don't think I've turned into my parents but here we are with a house and kids!" I laughed also but probably not for the same reason!!! It is wild at times to stop and see how much our lives have changed over the past few years.
I had one of those moments last night. I was feeding Landon and Casey was waiting to go to bed. Well, she went and got a book and took it to Drew and said "Weed book, Do." So when I looked up, there they were on the floor giggling and laughing at the story. When did this happen? I'm sure it was just yesterday that we were coming home from the hospital with Drew. If not, then it had to be just the other day that Drew learned to "read" Cookies Week. And to think that he cried when we found out Casey was a girl!!!
While I was putting Casey to bed, I could hear this crazy laugh coming from the living room. It was Landon (and Drew). Drew wasn't touching Landon--just "talking" to him. Landon thought it was soooo funny.
I don't have a picture of all Shelby has been doing but she is changing right along with the others. She and I did what she thought was a major overhaul on her room (we could have done more!) the other week. Well that night, Steve and I were discussing how long she would keep her room clean. Well she has out done both of us. That room is still clean!!! Then yesterday, we were under a tornado WARNING and she stayed calm!! She almost lost it but she came down stairs and did great staying still and quiet. Then she got up and when I asked here where she was going she said to pray. She stayed downstairs but went to a quiet place. When she came back, she was even better. What a great job she did. There was a time not so very long ago that the fact that there was thunder and lightening would have made her crazy. She is growing by leaps and bounds!!!
The saying that the days are long but the years are short is so true. Time is flying by at our house.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You know what they say, time flies when you're having fun playing house:)!