I never realized what a huge part of worship music can be until a couple of years ago. Today I see how much it can affect our moods and actions. I see it in myself especially and in my kids.
Steve has said in the past that he is glad that I listen to contempory christian music in the car and house--especially with the kids. It makes both of us happy to hear them singing songs that golrify God and not some of the junk they could be singing. We don't always listen to this but for the most part we do. We do try to limit what "outside" music the kids listen to. Shelby likes Hannah Montanna and they both like High School Musical both of which are fine with Steve and I (as long as I don't have to listen to it for very long!!)
I have a lot of friends who are going through some difficult times right now and are just weary. I just got off of the phone a little while ago with one of them who was just completely overwhelmed right now. She said you know we said we would pray for one anther so I am calling you out on it right now. I told her it was fine and that I was glad that she felt like she could call me. She said please just talk to her right then and pray after we were done talking because she was driving and didn't want to be crying!! She sounded much better after we talked about basically nothing.
Waiting is a hard thing and one I really don't like to do. God knows this and at times, lets me wait until I am willing to admit WHO is in control. I don't like it during that time but I can look back and say "How good God is to me." Funny how we get so cought up in life that we miss it while we are waiting. I know that's not true for all of us or all things but God gives us what we need, I'm sure of that.
Isaiah 40:31
But those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles
they will run and not grow weary
they will walk and not be faint.
That's a verse Steve and I have been working on memorizing as of late. I got a new Bible for Christmas and the study portion of my Bible for this verse says the following:
Hoping in the Lord is expectin that his promise of strength will help us to rise above life's distractions and difficulties......Thought your faith may be struggling or weak, accept his provisions and care for you.
Now, not to be out done by one of my friends.....Just click below and it should play the video. We listen to this song A LOT and it is so sweet to hear Casey sing "wait" that's the only part she sings.
2 comments:
OK showoff!!And here I thought you were not a competitive person...Did you do that just to aggravate me???
HOW did you get the actual video window to appear on your blog? That's what I WANTED, but when that isn't what appeared on my page, I thought perhaps it wasn't possible!!
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Can I leav videos on my blog?
Post a Comment