Well we are finally back from our trip to Disney World. It was quite a trip. It all started when we realized on Wednesday night that our flight had been cancelled and we now had a 4 1/2 hour lay over in Atlanta!!!!! I think not. We finally decided to fly out a day early and got a better flight but not direct. Before we left Casey started feeling crummy again so I took her to the doctor who said to take her on the trip. So we did.
Sunday was a mixed day. When we got into the park, the first thing we heard was Casey saying, "I frowed up". Yep just want you want to hear!!! She seemed to feel fine so we just cleaned her up and went on. We had a great time riding the rides and seeing all the many things at Magic Kingdom. Sunday went down hill a little as Casey started feeling a little worse but she seemed to rebound by dinner. Monday came and we got the sad news that KP dad had passed away. Tuesday and Wednesday were fun but Casey still didn't feel her best. Thursday and Friday were pretty bad for Casey. She was sick enough that the doctor came to our room on Thursday night. Not really how you want to spend your trip. Friday she was still sick. Steve took the big kids to ride the Seadoo boats. They had to take turns because only 2 people at a time can ride in the boat. Drew actually got to drive and he almost turned the boat over with he and Steve in it. Then Steve took Shelby for a spin. I think they had fun and I got all of our stuff packed and ready for the trip home. Casey had a time in the afternoon where she was fever free and seemed to feel pretty good so we took the kids into the park. They seemed to all have a good time. Friday night we went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Steve and Casey went back to the room early and I stayed with Drew, Shelby and Landon. It was great. The lines were non existent and so we were able to just walk onto rides that usually have long waits. It was great!!!
I would love to take the kids back soon--especially Casey and Landon. i do hate to say that I don't think Steve's sister, Debbie and her family had a great time either. Katie, who is just 2 weeks older than Casey, didn't care for the characters and it was hot and very "busy" for her. I hope that they did have a good time. I know it was stressful for them also. They are in the process of moving from Maryland to Alabama (as in their stuff got packed up on Friday before they left!) and Tom's grandmother died while we were there also.
So who wants to go to Disney with us? Come on now I know you all want to.
No comments:
Post a Comment