Swagbucks Swidget

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Name that Spider



They're not the greatest pictures but they are all I have--well that's not entirely true because in the trash is the flattened remains of this creature!!!  Notice that he is on my dining room floor under a bowl.  Casey told me that there was a spider in the dining room and would not go in there because it was a BIG spider.  She wasn't kidding.  I asked her where Landon was (since I was unloading the car from our recent trip) and she said in the room with the spider.  Well when I walked in there, that lovely spider was right next to Landon.  Landon almost stepped on him when I walked in.  I know it took years off my life!!!  I think this is some type of garden spider but I want to know.  Who wants to help?  I know you all have more free time on your hands than I do--hee hee!  I think it's a garden spider which begs the question, "why is he seeking refugee in my dining room?"  I have very nice plants out side and would have left him alone if he had stayed there!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

NOT a garden spider. They have rather pretty(for spiders) yellow markings and would not be inside. I don't know the name of this one, but have killed them in my house as well. They are HUGE!I think the ID is a job for Melinda's girls:).