Why?
There's 4 of them and 1 of me!!!!
Well today we met some friends at the lake and had a blast--most of us did for most of the time.
Casey was so excited till she walked into the edge of the water. Then she shot right back out and came running to me (all 3 feet away).
Here is the conversation that followed:
Casey: "There are snakes in that water!!!"
Me: "There are NO snakes in that water!!!" (okay so maybe somewhere there are but there were not where we were--to much noise!!
So Casey goes back to the water and then right back!
Casey: "Mom, there are DRAGONS in that water!!!"
My friend is just buckled over at this point as she watches me try and keep a straight face.
Me: "I am POSITIVE that there are NO DRAGONS in Lake Murray!!"
She stood there for quite some time looking at the water and then asked me to take her in. I walked over to the water and started laughing so hard I was almost crying.What was she seeing?
MINNOWS!!! They were swimming all over the place and some of them were a pretty good size.
It took her a looonnnggg time before she would go in that water!!! She finally did get into the water and had a blast. She met a new friend who's name was guess what? CASEY!! Here they are floating.
Landon decided that if he had to wear a float vest then he would just sit at the edge and not get wet. Suited me just fine!!! 
Drew and Shelby had a blast playing with friends and no one was ready to go home.
Here are some of the big kids, Shelby and Abby are checking out the HUGE fish the boys found on the rocks! Drew is in the back ground playing water frisbee with a friend of his.
Now we are all drying out--even things that should not get wet are having to dry out. Why? Because as I was trying to wash sand off of me from holding Landon, he brought me my camera!!!! I quickly grabbed him and the camera (I was only in water a couple inches over my ankles and I had him sitting in a chair) and got them back out of the water. Then I took the battery and memory card out of the camera and it's all drying out. Thankfully, it didn't get fully submerged in the water but it did get wet so....
No comments:
Post a Comment