Preparing.
Preparing for school full time.
Preparing for Casey joining us during some of our school time.
Preparing for our first camping trip in our camper.
Preparing for our 1 year (it's almost here) walk thru on the house.
Preparing for a life style change as far as our eating habits--yep even though they don't know it, the entire family is coming along on this ride!!
Preparing to have a teenager in the house--just when did he grow up?!!!
Preparing our minds and hearts to go on a family missions trip this week. I can't believe it's here. The kids are really pumped. Steve's totally swamped at work and me? Well, this a huge stretch for me. Let's just talk about being outside of your comfort zone--I'm there! I'm going on a trip with 60 other people that I do NOT know to talk to people that I do NOT know!!! These are just things that I do not enjoy doing!! Those of you that know me know me well should know this to be true!! You would think that as much as we have moved I would not have a problem in this area but I do. I have been known to get sick on the way to a new church!! As a matter of fact, just thinking about things like that make me a little sick feeling. My nerves are just a little bit tense!!
So why are we doing this? We were so blessed at Thanksgiving to be able to spend the morning feeding the homeless. I have a child that has told me several times that they want to be a missionary when they grow up. Well I want them to know that you can do that in this country as well as abroad. We need to be the hands and feet of Jesus and we are not always. So we are not going far but we are going. Is what we are going to be doing important--you betcha!!
One of my friends and I have been talking about missions in our own backyard a good bit lately. She also has a very missions minded child. Why leave? Why not be helping families right here where we live? I can only guess as to why they are having us go to another town. My guess is because "we" are all so busy that most people would say "sure I'll be there" but when the rubber meets the road, something would come up and they will feel like "well someone else will be there. They don't really need me". I'm not saying that hasn't happened to people planning on going on this trip but the money's been paid, we wont be sleeping in our own homes where "life" just takes over. We are making a commitment to this and we are not letting the business of life get in the way.
Preparing for......
2 comments:
Pat and I were talking a little about stuff like this yesterday. You are "preparing to be blessed."
What Mimi said: you are preparing to be blessed! I like it!
May you have a fantastic weekend! Whether you are doing missions here or there, the bottom line is that you are willing to DO it all for Him. Good for you!
Post a Comment