Swagbucks Swidget

Friday, August 20, 2010

Long time no post....

Well we are going to try and change that today.

I had placed the blog on invitation only reading but so many people that do read the blog could not get one--they weren't missing much though since I let it slide over the summer......

So what have we been up to this summer???

Well 2 days after we got home from that great beach trip, I broke my right ankle!!  That was no fun.  I mean really having to be in that hot cast in the summer was not such a great plan!!  The rest of the summer has been spent playing "don't hurt my ankle."  Again another thing we do not recommend.

Landon, true to his nature...fell and broke a tooth!!!  One more reason we call him Helmet Boy!!

Shelby met a huge milestone this summer when she went to camp for a week!!  She cried when Steve put her on the van but she had such an amazing time--we knew she would!!  She is already planning to go back next year!!  She also had a great time a music camp.

We enjoyed spending the 4th of July with the Rooneys!  It was a blast!!  Every year we have some sort of back yard games to do with the kids.  This year one of them involved eating a donut that was tied to a string and held over your head.  This was made all the better b/c they had frosting and sprinkles on them!!!  Sorry I squirted you with the hose, Jen!!

We went on a mission trip to Greenville in August for Drew's birthday again this year.  Once again it was great!  I'll post some pictures when I get some!!  I don't think I will even have any of Drew b/c I don't think anyone on his team had a camera!  I will say that for about a week before we left on the trip I didn't want to go.  Then on the day we left, if it could go wrong it did.  I almost didn't go when Landon really hurt his leg that morning!  But guess what--God blessed me so very much on that trip.  There were things on this heart that He used someone on that trip to speak directly to me and I am oh so thankful for the chat that we had!!

So now we are 7 weeks (I think) into our new school year and finally getting settled into a routine--I think.  So if you are still checking in, I will try to do better about keeping you up to date!!

No comments: