Swagbucks Swidget

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Difficutl Days


Granny died this morning. That's difficult for our family but especially for my granddaddy. They were married for 65 years!! We've thought for a few days that it would be soon but it is still sad--for us not my granny; she's home. I know that many of you don't know my grandparents but here are 2 pictures. The one of my Granny holding Casey was taken at her 81st birthday.


This is my granddaddy and was taken at the same time.
My grandparents are great! I lived with them while my parents were getting divorced and that meant a lot to me. It's funny some of the things you remember. I can remember Granny buying me french fries from Hardees (those of you who know me well know how much I love Hardees :oP ) while I was living with them. I know that might not sound like much to you but it was huge to me!! She also only fixed turnip greens one time while I was living with them--something I was VERY thankful for since I can't stand them!!! She also would have me and Angela and Georgia come for a week during the summer when we were little. While we were all there she would have us write our parents and helped us learn how to get along with 3 and not gang up on each other. So as you think of us, please pray for my grandaddy first as I can't imagine not having Steve; for my mom and her siblings as they have lost their mom. Thanks and we love you all.



2 comments:

***CheerGirl89*** said...

I am so sorry about your grandmother Mrs.Tracie. I will be praying for your grandfather, and your whole family. You are right, that she IS in the right place now!

Frugal Home School Mom said...

I just read your blog today and found out about your grandmother, I am so VERY sorry for your loss. We will be praying for you, your family, and grandfather. May the Lord give you peace and comfort.