Swagbucks Swidget

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Memories Made

Last week while Steve was sooooo sick, Shelby learned all about a green comet that we would be able to see this week. She talked about it for days on end--I know some of you are laughing at the thought of Shelby talking for days on end since that is just not her personality!!! Anyway she talked Steve into getting up at 3AM to see this comet. I'm sure that when Steve said yes, he thought he would be feeling better! She even talked Drew into getting up with them. Steve got up, Shelby got up and me, well I asked if I could see it from the window--hey it was COLD outside. Steve was hoping HE could see it from our window but alas no can do. Steve and Shelby went outside in the cold with the telescope. After a while they came in and got Drew up. I asked if they could see the comet and Steve mumbled something about not how much our telescope was worth (hey it was free and apparently at 3:30 this morning worth ever penny that we paid for it)!! Drew got up and they all went back outside. It didn't take long for Drew to see enough and come back inside--he really is my child!! Shortly after Drew came Steve and Shelby. Steve said that there had been to much light to tell that it really was green (that and the value of the telescope came up again). I think he was a little grumpy but I still love him. So Shelby, Steve and Drew all got to see a once in a lifetime green comet that was tiny and didn't even look green. As for me, I'm sure it's not the only once in a lifetime thing I've missed so far and hey, I wasn't cold!!!
As for the telescope, it really does work because we've used it to look at Mars and several other things in the past. I think Steve just really wanted Shelby to be able to see this comet and we just were not in the best place to see it (did I mention it was supposed to be right over our street light?!). I'm sure that Shelby will remember this for a long time!!! I hope so anyway.

2 comments:

***CheerGirl89*** said...

Oh, that is so cool! I'm glad you got to stay warm while they saw their NOT green comet, but that is so cool that they at least saw something! It's kind of ironic, because I am learning about the planets and outer space, and comets, meteors, meteorites, astroids, ect. all this week at school in my science class!!!

Shelby said...

I didn't talk Drew into it, I just told him about it, and once I got to the once in a lifetime thing, he said, "Wake me up, too!"