Swagbucks Swidget

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!!! We're not the family we used to be.....

Yep it's true.


We're not the family we used to be!!  How is that you ask?  Well let me tell you what has happened her over the past few days.....


The kids have been playing with plastic buckets and plastic eggs for weeks now.  We have been playing with the Resurrection Eggs for the past few weeks also.  It has been great.  Casey has also been telling me we need to put the Halloween flag since it's almost Easter.  (I'm not so sure about this but I have an idea.)  Well, last night I finally got their Easter baskets down and set them on the table.  Shelby was so excited to see them (she's been asking for a couple of days) and Casey wanted to know what they were for!  She thought about it for a few seconds and said, "Who is the Easter bunny?  Is he gonna hatch out of those eggs we just colored?"  I almost choked!!  We explained that the Easter bunny MIGHT leave a little treat in her basket and that no bunnies do not come from eggs.  (I see a new science lesson in our future!!)
This morning she was excited to see some candy and a new game in her basket.  After church, we were preparing lunch and she said "do we get to go get candy in our baskets tonight?"  I told her no  we don't go get candy in our baskets tonight and she said "okay so you just get some candy in the morning?"

Just a few minutes ago she came to me and said that Mary Magdalene had sent her and the others to the store.  I asked what Mary needed and she said peanut butter and jelly because they wanted sandwiches.

Now how are we a different family?  Well Drew and Shelby knew all about the Easter Bunny and were excited at this age.  They went to the store and had their picture made with him.  I think we have one of Casey when she was tiny but Landon has not seen the Easter Bunny.  What do I think about this?  Am I sad, do I feel like they are missing out on something?  Nope.  The Easter Bunny still came for a visit.  They are enjoying playing with eggs and having hunts, we have candy but the most important thing is this.  Casey (and Landon is working on remembering) knows why we celebrate EASTER!!  She knows that God loved us so much that He sent Jesus into this world.  She knows that Jesus never did anything bad (how she understands sinless) and that Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of the bad things (sin) that all of us do!!!!  Do I think my 2 little ones missed something this year by not seeing the Easter bunny or even knowing about him till last night?  Nope, our eyes on on something life changing better yet eternal changing.
So how has your Easter been?  Ours has been wonderful and while we are having fun with the Easter bunny we are working to keep our focus on the cross!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable kids you have. Happy Easter;)

Frugal Home School Mom said...

All of ours knows there's not an Easter Bunny and I'm completely fine with it and so are they. Congrats on your changed family! God is awesome!