Swagbucks Swidget

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Science at Home....


Okay what could possibly keep kids mesmerized for over an hour?

I've known for a while that Landon was a little confused about which bugs and insects were which but had not paid to much attention to it until today.  I mean a few weeks ago he insisted that there was a caderpider (caterpillar) in the playhouse but it was a wizzerd (lizard).  We got him straightened out on that one and went on our way.  Everyday he looks for his wizzerd in the playhouse and that is that.

Until today.....as we were going in to change his wet pants.  He stopped and said "wade-bug"!  I didn't pay much attention since I was on a mission to get him into dry clothes and he's seen wade-bugs and should know what they look like--or NOT!!

Finally, I looked to see what it was.

Can you guess?

What could possibly be in here?

Well let me tell you...it's our new "pet" (and I am using that term very loosely)!  

See, after I told Landon what he was looking at he started telling everyone else and Shelby and her friends adopted it as our pet.  His name is Harry!  The only problem with that is a.) I don't want another pet and b.)they left said pet with 2 very interested little kids and 1 semi interested one.

Casey and Landon had a blast for the rest of the afternoon.  They let Harry join them in all of the the things that they enjoy best.....
like playing in
a pool that has NO water in it!!

They also thought Harry might enjoy going down the pool slide I'm pretty sure that Harry is glad that the regular slide was to hot and they didn't take him down that slide also.  I mean I don't speak caterpillar or anything but I'm feeling pretty confident in this.

There were lots of squeal and giggles as they "petted" Harry.  I'm also thinking that he could have done without all the love.









Finally, they wanted to actually hold Harry.  They were so excited that they were going to get to hold him. 

Landon wanted to be first and jumped into the swing.  He was all about holding Harry.  Until.......



 He realized how Harry was going to climb on him and try to uhm, you know GET AWAY!!




If you look closely, you can see Harry trying to make his escape.  He's on the metal part of the swing seat just trying to blend in.














Casey was next for holding Harry.

She dropped him the first time but wasn't scared to try again.  Landon eagerly watched from a distance but did not care to have Harry climbing on him again.



Poor Harry took all the holding and petting he could stand I think.  He finally quit moving but was still alive just still.  Casey came in to get ready to go to outreach at church and Landon sat with Harry.  He must have started feeling better about "petting" Harry again because that's what he sat on the swing doing while I got Casey ready.  When I checked on Harry--totally expecting him to have been "loved to death" if you know what I mean, he was doing fine and crawling around.

I just love being home with these guys!!!  I would have hated to miss this!!



No comments: