Well she made it all night with out her thumb and baby (well almost).
She really didn't want to sleep alone so we let her get in the bed with Shelby--that lasted for about 15 minutes and then the giggles and fussing and giggles got to be so loud that I don't think they would have gone to sleep.
After getting back in her bed the tears started. She finally asked for her doll and said that she wasn't going to suck her thumb, just rub her nose. So I gave her the doll. She rubbed for a minute and then handed me back her baby and asked for a different one. I told her I wasn't looking for a different baby and the tears started again.
Then I was at a loss for what to do....get up and look for the doll she wanted, tell her to suck her thumb or help her stick it out. So I just started rubbing her back and in a couple of minutes she was fast asleep and stayed that way all night.
She was so proud of her self when she got up today!!! We are all proud of her!!!
Now on to tackle the rest of day (we've made it an hour so far)......
1 comment:
Way to go little darling. A whole night without sucking your thumb is wonderful. It'll keep your smile beautiful. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment