Swagbucks Swidget

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

All before lunch

I am just still amazed at all of the things that can happen in this house before lunch!!!!
Casey has definitely made the cross over into toddlerhood!!! That girl is so busy.
Here is her morning....
She got up bright and early (6:50) and was in an okay mood for once. We played and read and drank some "chakmik".
When the big kids got up, we fixed eggs and grits for breakfast. I headed up stairs to start the laundry because how much trouble can she get into. She is after all sitting in the high chair in the kitchen with Drew and Shelby. Well apparently you can get into a lot of trouble from the high chair.
Now mind you I was only upstairs long enough to sort some laundry and start one of the loads, when I hear Casey laughing and Drew and Shelby fussing and telling her it was not funny. When I came downstairs and saw what she was doing, I had to agree with the big kids. She was flinging spoon fulls of grits and then rubbing them all over everything she could reach. Do you know what a pain grits are to clean up!!!! Worse than the oatmeal last night!!!
Okay, now I need a shower so I can cool off!! So this time I take her with me. What can she get to in the bathroom. After all, I'll be right there (and I've learned to lock the cabinets and push everything to the back of the counter so she can't reach it--don't ask how I know to do this).
Well let's see, while I was in the shower, she broke the handle off my armour!!! Go figure!!
Then she got her self stuck. Want to see where?....

Landon usually gets to sit in the walker while I take a shower but he was napping today. I guess Casey thought there must be something fun to it. Well there is, she can't get out!!!! I'm pretty sure that was not what she thought the upswing to all of this was!! Thankfully, that kept her happy and busy while I finished my shower. However, she can just pick up the walker and walk so doors and furniture are not safe!!
After my shower and another load of laundry, it was time to start feeding everyone. While I was feeding Landon, Casey and I sang a ton of songs (well just 3 but we sang them a LOT). Then while I fixed her lunch she found something to occupy her time....

In case you want to know, she's reading some travel info on Disney World.
That was a nice rest and a lunch she was ready to do things like share her pb&j with Max and smear it all over her body. I just can't wait to see what the afternoon holds!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: