Swagbucks Swidget

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Lexington Christmas Parade

Okay, one day we (Steve and I) will learn. It is ALWAYS colder than we think!!!! Sunday we took the kids to the parade here in Lexington. Let me just say, it's been a while since I was that cold. I didn't think my feet would ever thaw!!

Drew is enjoying a cup of hot chocolate. One local had a great ministry idea and was passing out the wonderfully warm drink. They could have sold it I'm sure but instead they were blessing the community!!

One of the nice things about parades if you are a kid, is free candy. You know, since they never get any at other times. Landon was in awe of all that he saw. Nothing bothered him--not even the fire truck who blew his siren right in front of him. (Right after that is when we took this picture)
Casey and her baby huddled to keep warm. Finally I got her to sit in my lap--that way she had my body heat and I had her to sit on my hands and keep them warm!!
So what was my favorite part of the parade?Seeing Santa. I knew when we finally saw Santa that we could get back in the car where it was warm!!! I think this was Steve's favorite part also!!

No comments: