Swagbucks Swidget

Monday, December 1, 2008

What a weekend

Steve and I owe Jack and Jammie a HUGE thank you. Casey had a wonderful time at their house on Thursday. Although after seeing Jack get the turkey ready to be cooked, they were not sure she would ever eat it again. The good news is that it looks way different by the time it hits her plate. We had a great time with the big kids and Landon helping to feed people who might have otherwise not gotten a hot meal. I know from talking to Drew and Shelby that they were shocked at all the people. They did great. Landon is still sounding stuffy but since he had to stay indoors all weekend, he has not had as much wheezing. Steve said he sounds just like he did when he got winded as a child in the winter.

We had a great, long and WET weekend. Well, it could have been better--FOOTBALL--need I say more? So what all did we do? Well, Steve and I got up at o dark 30 so that HE could go shopping!! Yes HE!!! He went and then he called and said "Do we really need this stuff? I'll be here for hours just standing in line to pay!" I said, "Nope I already ordered it online." There was nothing I needed bad enough to go out and get in that mob--not if I could get it on line--paying shipping (which I didn't have to do) would have been worth it!!! So Steve came home and we took a quick nap!!
After that we prepared for the Rooneys to come for a visit. We were not totally sure they would be able to come because Lance's mom had a heart attack on Wed. She is still in the hospital and getting NO rest but doing good.
Jennifer and I went shopping while the guys watched all 7 kids!!! Thanks guys we had a great time!!! We wanted to get a few things and at least we picked the day when it was still sunny and everyone could go outside!!
Here we are after shopping. The little girls love that we are "twins" just like they are. What makes us twins with them? Matching shirts of course--theirs are Tinker Bell.
Saturday morning was wet but boy was it nice!! Why? Because the rain "helped" everyone to sleep. This was the first time in history that all 7 kids (or any number of our kids) have slept past 6 when we were together. The first one to get up was Casey but she got in our bed and went back to sleep. So what time did they all start getting up? 8!!!!!!!!!
After such a great nights sleep the guys were willing to run out and pick up something the store had been out of on Friday. Don't we have great husbands? When they got home we had breakfast and then the adults spent the next hour or so laughing at each other? The kids got in on it to!! Why you ask? One word "Wii". Here is Lance doing hola hoops on the wii fit....We also spent time playing cards and telling kids not to run and referring who's turn it was on the gamecube, wii, computer, to use the dvd you name it. I think if Casey and Nate could have had control of the tv all weekend, they would have stayed just like this!! They really wanted to go out but with it raining and all.....
And can you believe it that even after 2 full days of rain, we were all still smiling.....
Well most of us were anyway. Some of us (Casey and Nate) didn't want to stop watching George and Landon really wanted to climb the stairs--not be held by mommy!! All in all it was a wonderful weekend. We hated that our sitter was out of town and we couldn't go out with Jack and Jammie but we were blessed by time with friends also.
PS all pictures of Casey may be in the same shirt from here on out. She has found 1 that is now her favorite and she is putting it on for the 3rd day. It's not the one she's wearing in the pictures because I did get it off of her for a little bit.

No comments: