Swagbucks Swidget

Friday, January 8, 2010

Back Log!!

Okay, I know I said I would post pictures from the Grove Park Inn but then guess what Landon got pneumonia and that changed how my days were going. So I will try to catch everyone up. I was going to cover everything in one post but I think I will break it up. So check back later today for another post. I know you will all be on pins and needles waiting on the next post.
What ever will we cover? Well these are the Grove Park pictures (a few we liked, some done by kids a few that were winners and some that were just funny).

Okay as part of the gingerbread house contest, EVEYRTHING must be eatible!!
Let me just tell you that some of the things looked real and not like food. The picture does not do them justice. Check out t he rocks. Mine would look more like one that belongs in the kids catagory. Here is a train that Landon loved--probably because it was in the children's displayand it was being displayed on a huge train. What he really wanted to do was climb on the train. We someone in our family really enjoyed seeing this oneand all of a sudden became hungry. Can you guess who it was that enjoyed this one? Look at Santa rescuing Repunzle. Do you see Jack climbing the bean stalk. I'm telling you some of these people have tallent. I think the person that did the Grinch did a good job. Again, I am blown away by all the things people made.
We also took the kids pictures in the sled inside the hotel. We have a great picture of Drew and Shelby from the last time we went to the Grove Park but when you add 2 more to the mix (both of whom turned out to be sick) it makes it more difficult. As you can see, Shelby and Drew did great again and Casey was willing to make the effort but not Landon!! He ran the 2 year old program with full force all weekend.
Okay these next two are the last ones I'm going to share. I didn't get a great shot because I was looking over someone's shoulder (because with 2 little people who were feeling terrible, I was not getting in the line that went out of the room and no telling how far down the hall)!!(the roof) Do you see it? And now.... (the sign). I just liked the humor of it. Drew pointed it out but I'm not sure if he or Shelby ever got the humor in it. Enjoy it!! Just let me say if you haven't been to see these before, then next year take the drive. It's free to go in and see them. I would say go before Christmas because it wasn't as crowed and watch the competition on HGTV.

No comments: