Swagbucks Swidget

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Baby Dedication



Sunday was a wonderful day for our family. We had the opportunity to dedicate Landon and Casey during our church's baby dedication. The weather was so wonderful and warm--not your normal December weather. Casey and Landon were so cute in their outfits. I couldn't find shoes for Casey--okay I didn't look to hard but I did try to borrow some but nobody had any white shoes in her size. But you know what, it didn't really matter. She was beautiful in her frilly, white socks. She didn't need shoes anyway because she wouldn't get out of my arms--not even for Daddy to hold her.
As we stood out in the vestibule of the church waiting to go in, Casey was crying that she wanted to go bye bye. She had been sick all week and was not feeling like herself at all. Landon was doing pretty well at that point.
Well after all 6 families got on stage, it started going down hill. Several of the families had their older children with them so it was pretty crowded on our small stage area. It was also HOT. It didn't take long for all but 2 of the babies to start crying and believe it or not, Casey wasn't one of the criers!!! She was to busy pulling my hair up and saying "hair". She was also busy looking/asking for Drew, Shelby, Mimi and Kokopat and telling me that the babies were crying. Steve lucked up. Landon spit his pacci out about 7 times and each time it landed on his chest. I assure you that if it had hit the floor, Steve would have been looking for it!!!!
It was so loud on stage that the parents couldn't even hear the pastor so that we would know when we were to respond. Later that afternoon, when we were watching a video that KP made, Steve noticed that during the closing prayer, the pastor started slowing down. We decided that it was because he was about to start laughing at all the chaos on stage!!! I'm not even real sure that most of the congregation could hear anything but crying. All in all it was a beautiful day!!!
Here we all are after lunch!!! And yes, Casey had her baby during the dedication!!!

1 comment:

Shelby said...

I had fun looking at the little window on the movie camra (I did that so I could wach it on the camra!)