Swagbucks Swidget

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Moments of sunshine

Today was a pretty good day considering.....
See I hate to go into Charlotte and I usually try and plan it so that Steve can go with me but today was not one of those days!!! Steve had to be in Greenville today and Landon had an appointment with the nephrologist which just happens to be in "town." Well I started off by calling the office to get directions--the person they gave me was not the most helpful but I ventured out any way--what else was I going to do?!! Well being blonde, I didn't write down the physical street address but hey, I had the PO box number!!! So again, I call the doctor to get the address this time. Next, I call Steve and ask him about some of the streets. Well God is so good to me. See, I knew I could get on one particular street and get to the hospital and I knew that this office was near the hospital so felt some amount of hope that I was going to be able to find the office. Well that one street changes names 3 times and guess what---it was the street I needed to be on!!! (sunshine #1) I was so happy to realize that--you just don't know.
As many of you know, Casey doesn't like the doctor and cries even if they are not "seeing" her. Today was no different. This is a cool doctor though. While they had Landon and I in the hall weighing him (oh he was 14 pounds 3 ounces!!) they asked if the kids could have a snack. I said okay and they brought them cookies and juice!!! (sunshine #2) Plus this office has games and personal DVD players and movies!!! (sunshine #3) Casey was actually doing pretty well watching Barney and eating her "nak" until the doctor went to get a nurse to get the urine bag off of Landon. When Casey saw that nurse walk in and put on gloves it was all over for her!!! Well after a fairly long visit (over an hour) we got ready to leave. When I opened the exam room door to walk out Casey said "bye here" (sunshine #4). Everybody that could hear her started to laugh. She didn't know exactly where she was but she was going to be nice and say bye!!! Then on the way home, Shelby wanted to know how many floors the "vampire" state building has!!! (sunshine #5). I couldn't help but laugh at that one!!!
Drew's been at Mimi's all week and boy have we missed him. I know he's had fun but....
Well he did his Christmas shopping while they were out the other day. He got some very thoughtful gifts for his siblings and he was telling me about them on the phone today!! (sunshine #6)
So even though the sun was shining outside, it was shinning brighter in my life!!!
Only 11 shopping days left!!!

No comments: