You know what, God has truly blessed us with great neighbors in all of our homes. This time is no exception and I know that we will have wonderful ones when we move.
Steve has been out of town since Tuesday and we have had 2 house showings and injuries and orthodontist appointments. Yesterday we were out of the house all day and neither one of the little ones got a nap!!! Guess what it was like at our house last evening!!
At about 4:30 Cameron, Bill and Debra's grandson, came over to play. Debera came over with him to make sure it was okay. When she walked in what she found was 2 little people crying and pulling on me and generally unhappiness was everywhere. I was pretty tired but basically in a good mood--hey in just 2 1/2 hours, I would be able to put at least 2 people in the bed!!! Life is good!!! I guess Debra didn't think things were going quite as well!!! We sat and talked about the day and where all we had been. Then we started talking about dinner. They were grilling chicken for them but Cameron was going to have hot dogs. I said that mine were having TV dinners. She asked what I was having and I said, I didn't know, maybe a Weight Watchers dinner but probably just a bowl of cereal. Well, later the doorbell rang and it was Debra and Bill. Bill was caring a glass of wine and Debra was caring a plate of hot food--both of which were for me!!!! Then they invited Drew and Shelby over for Root Beer Floats after they had dinner.
Now just so you know, the fact that they brought me dinner is not what makes them great neighbors but it's one example of why we love them--that they would think to bring me dinner, we got them up in the middle of the night so that Steve could drive me to the hospital when Landon was born, they've given us some beautiful plants and trees, helped us cut down trees, Steve and Bill have shared cutting the grass behind our houses, Bill always cuts his grass all the way to our drive way and then blows off our drive, they love on our kids, they share their beautiful backyard, 4 great tickets to see the Carolina Panthers play, they come over to visit, they come over for dinner and to play games, and the list just goes on and on. One more neat fact about Debra and Bill it that Debra's kids names are Steve and Shelby!!! Debra and Bill have been great and we are really going to miss them.
No comments:
Post a Comment