Swagbucks Swidget

Sunday, July 13, 2008

A great weekend

Time with friends always ends to quickly!!! Jennifer, Lance, Will, Josie and Nate came for a visit this weekend. We had a great time and spent lots of time laughing. The Rooney's also got to experience the fun of having a house on the market.
We were all up late (till midnight) on Friday and then my sweet baby boy got up as we were all coming up to bed. Well he was up till 3:30AM and then at 6:30 all of the kids got up!!! What is it about kids who can sleep late any time but let them have friends over and they get up with the sun (and sometimes before it)!! Well, I drug my self out of the bed--I just wasn't ready to get up but since 4 of the 7 kids that were up belonged to Steve and I, we got up. Steve did his best to let me rest a little longer but keeping kids quiet is a 2 person job at times. Around 7:30, Steve said something about cooking breakfast but we decided to have muffins and cook our big breakfast on Sunday. Good thing since at 8:10 my cell phone rang. They were letting me know that the house was going to be shown between 10-12!!!! Great!!!! Will asked if he should go get his mom and dad and I said "yes, tell them that they are going to show the house and we need to get moving." Well that is not quite the message. Will went up stairs and said,"MOM! DAD! YOU'VE GOT TO GET UP NOW!!" Poor Jennifer, she was dead asleep when Will came in!! At first though (and hearing the urgency in Will's voice) she thought that this must be going to involve a trip to the ER and it must be really bad since we sent Will and there is no child crying!!! After I stopped laughing (she came right down to get coffee and was telling me what had happened), I felt a little bad that they got such a wake up call. To our credit, we got 3 of 4 adults showered and dress, all the kids sleeping bags, trundle beds, pillows, blankets, clothes, suit cases, etc. picked up and put away and got all 7 kids (who are all under 12) fed and out the door by 10 minutes till 10!!!!! When we left the only evidence of guest were the extra pillows and suit cases that were stacked in the back of Landon's closets!!!
We didn't stay up quite as late last night but Landon still got up. I'm not totally sure what's going on with him. I hope it's teeth and not ear, since he was pulling at/digging in his ear tonight. Other than Landon not sleeping, it was a good weekend. We were all sorry to see the Rooney's leave. It just seems that we never have enough time to do all of the things that we want to do.
Casey is definitely tired and she has been running her 2 year old program most of the evening. She has spent most of it pitching fits!! But now it's 9 and all of the kids are in bed and Steve has gone to fill up his truck. Me, I'm enjoying the quiet and trying to still not think about the house--seems we might have gotten some incorrect info about our favorite house plan. Oh well, we'll see. I know that our house is out there!!!!

No comments: