Swagbucks Swidget

Sunday, July 27, 2008

The rest of the week

Well the rest of the week went by in a blur!!!

On Wednesday, we took all of the kids to the beach. It was Landon and Trevor's first trip. Things went well and we do have pictures, but I forgot to put them on my computer before I left Mimi's so I will have to add them later.


Thursday, Angela and Trevor went with Landon and I to go back through 3 of our top houses with Steve. Steve and I felt like we knew which house we were going to make an offer on but apparently that wasn't the house God had in mind for us because he put a stumbling block in our path. Thanks Mimi for all of your prayers about all of this!!! Well Angela and I kinda went on a semi wild goose chase that ended up with us finding an amazing house. It's further out than we had planned on living but it's a great house.

We were late getting home and all of us were tired. So tired that I let Steve talk me into taking the "back" way to my parents. It's been 12 years since I've driven those back roads at night so you can see how this may not have been the best plan. I did good until we got to the point where I had to turn off of hwy 321. Steve's words were "remember just turn left after you cross those bridges over the swamp--or it may be just one bridge. You'll find it." Okay at that point I should have said, that's okay I'll go the long way but I didn't. Well we got lost. We came very close (like inches) from 3 deer and I had to call my uncle 3 times to get directions but finally I got on a road I recognized!! Angela said that's why she likes TX--no deer just coyotes and you can hit them and be okay. I think deer are better--they wont eat your kids!! We saw 3 more deer before we got home. Thanks Angela for helping me and laughing when I started laughing at lunch--because if I didn't I would have cried.

Friday, Uncle Bill--Angela's dad--had out patient surgery so that was a long day for them. I got up and started getting ready to come home. It's been YEARS since I was stung by a bee or wasp and wouldn't you know one flew into my flip flops and stung me. My toe started swelling instantly but I got some meds from Mimi and changed shoes. It hurt pretty bad on Friday but was better by Saturday.

Yesterday Mimi and KP meet us so that they could see the new house. We have a verbal contract on the house and will have it firmed up by the end of the week. That process took FOREVER and we couldn't have done it without Mimi and KP playing with the kids.

Here's the house. We should be able to close on it by the end of August. Isn't it pretty. We can't wait for everyone to come for a visit.

No comments: