Casey that is. This girl never ceases to amaze me.
Take today for instance.....
I was grading some papers and things were going along so nicely. I had Casey in a pull up so that she could go down for a nap and Landon was busily playing with cars.
Then I smelled "something"! Then the following...
Me: "who is stinky?"
Casey: "Lanon"
So upstairs I go to get a diaper. While I'm getting a diaper, Casey goes in the bathroom. This is nothing new--she goes to the potty a lot by herself. Well then I pull Landon's diaper off and find NOTHING!!! At the same time, Casey comes out of the bathroom naked! I got this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I know some of you are laughing hysterically right now.
Well I asked Casey where her pull up was and she said in the trash. Casey is "clean" as far as I can see. She comes over and puts her baby down as I finish dressing Landon. That's when I see it--her BABY is covered!!!! I mean it is awful!!!
After putting Landon's diaper on we all go into the bathroom and guess what? It's clean!! A small smear on the toilet seat and a small smear on the stool. The rest? I guess the pull up. How is it that an almost 3 year old has more success getting off a nasty pull up without making a huge mess and if I had tried to take it off her the same way, we would have both needed a bath!!!
I must say I was so shocked and pleased that I didn't have a huge mess to clean up!! I just finished cleaning up the spots Casey missed in the bathroom and on her bottom and put her to bed.
What next? That was quite clever of her. Telling me it was Landon and then trying to take care of it. I think we have a long road ahead of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment