to go and vote? Tomorrow is the day and I hope that if you have not already done so, that you will get out and vote--it truly is a privilege!!! Steve and I voted on Saturday. It wasn't to bad--we only waited 3 hours. I know you're thinking how can 3 hours not be bad? Well last time we waited 3 hours to vote, we did it standing in the rain and this time we were inside a building.
Several of you know that I have strong opinions on this election and that my nerves have been totally shot at times. Well this weekend was just what I need. Yesterday our sermon was from I Peter 5. It was on being humble. Being humble is not something that happens to us but something we choose and after yesterday's lesson, I think it can be a good mark of where your spiritual walk. I will just say that I need to work on this area. Then today, Mimi sent me just what I needed. I'm going to post the link here. It's from In Touch Ministries. You know sometimes I just get in the way and get so wrapped up in my emotions and what I want/think/whatever that sometimes, I have to be reminded who is in control--God not me and He is sovereign.
So if this election, or work, or the economy has you stressed--or even life in general, then take some time today and read this and then have a chat (well actually we need to listen) to the one who is in control.
Have a great day.
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content.aspx?c=dhKHIXPKIuE&b=2288445&content_id={CDC64ADB-5C7D-4047-92BF-DD8DB9C0B8C8}¬oc=1
1 comment:
Glad you are feeling better about everything.
Post a Comment