Swagbucks Swidget
Sunday, January 6, 2008
A Day of Adventure!!!
We had a great day yesterday. We all slept in--sorta. I say sorta because Casey and Landon got in the bed with Steve and I but they stayed quiet for about another hour!!! After we got everyone up, Steve made a wonderful "pa-cake" breakfast for all of us. It was all Casey could do to wait for the "pa-cakes" to cook!!! After cleaning up from breakfast, we just hung around playing and planning the day. We decided to take the kids to ride the train into Charlotte for Casey's birthday. She was all about that and got her clothes right away. We should have gotten dressed also because at 11:30 Bee-ul came over. I told Shelby to answer the door and she said, "No way. I'm in my pajamas and robe!!" Well she had me beat because I was just in pj pants and a tshirt with semi tame hair!! The next thing I know, Drew and Shelby are flying upstairs to get dressed. So we talked with Bee-ul for a few minutes all the while listening to Casey say that she wanted to go "wide choo choo".
Here are the big kids waiting to board the train. Drew looks like it's about 10 degrees outside but it really was a nice day. Casey loved the train and so did Drew and Shelby. They got to talk with one of the employees on the trip up. She was great with them. She answered all kinds of questions and told them all kinds of information. Maybe we can count that as a school day!!!! After riding the train we went to a local pizza place. The pizza was good but it should have been because it was ridiculously expensive pizza!!!!! After that we walked around up town Charlotte. I found out that the Discovery Place is just 2 blocks from the train stop so now I think we will get a membership. I hate driving in Charlotte and this way I don't have to drive!!!! We also checked out a horse that was pulling a carriage. The kids would have loved a ride but maybe we will do that on a warmer day.
Here are the kids standing in front of the Avenues. These are very expensive condos that Steve worked in when they were being built--before there were walls!!!! NO THANK YOU!!!!! I like it with walls. Drew saw someone on the roof and thought that was cool.
All in all it was a good day. The train ride back was not as much fun. Casey was tired. She had walked ALL day and was a little grumpy. Then we dropped Landon's pacci and that did not make him happy. But hey we handled it and still got off the train with all 4 kids!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
In one of the pichers of Casey she looks like she's almoset as tall as the billding!
Post a Comment