This has been a pretty good week. I feel like I have gotten a lot done but it doesn't really look like it!!!
There have been some things I wanted done to the house and so Steve and I made a list. When I started adding PROJECTS he stopped me as he was looking for JOBS--which are things that can be done in a short amount of time. So in case you are wondering tiling the upstairs bath rooms does not count as a job--go figure!!!
I have been working on cleaning things out and getting rid of stuff we are not using or have not used in a while. Storage is a big issue in our house. The issue would be that there is very little storage!!! Steve and I are going to remedy that problem this weekend. I had a plan for where I thought we could add some more storage and he agreed and bought the stuff to do it last night!!!
I have also been working hard at making sure dinner was close to ready when Steve got home each night this week. I've done okay on that one. We had a pretty expensive meal last night that I thought was okay but he said he really liked it!!! I might fix it again but I will definitely change things around so that it is a little cheaper!!
I have also been working on my scrapbooks. That is something that really needed doing!!! I would love to get my books up to date!!! I am almost there as far as Casey but I can't say that for anyone else!!! I am going to have to pair down my pictures that I use if I ever want to get up to date!!! So that's my plan. One of my neighbors has been coming down and we have been working together. It's funny, because every time I have a crying baby or toddler or like last night BOTH and I think I still get more pages done. We did miss a real photo opt the other night. I was trying to lay out a page and had Landon in the sling in front of me. It was sorta hard for me to see my page and not knock around what I had already done with him sitting basically where my stomach is and his head right under my chin. I'm sure it was a sight!!!
School is another story. Monday was the perfect school day!!!!! Tuesday was a different story and the start to a downward spiral. I wont tell you when I think the aliens got the two older kids or when they returned them but......
We have been electronic free--well some of us have been--for most of the week. We'll see how that helps school next week--since they are going to be earning the right to use the dvd, gamecube and watch tv (other than Blue's Clues or Strawberry or Curious George). Believe me I don't think this is a bad thing and they are handling it pretty good. They were so quiet last night--playing legos together.
Well it's time for me to get off of here and earn my title of "World's Meanest Mom!!!" We are going to do some school this morning--you know under the premise that if you waste time during the week then you can use Saturday and Sunday to get caught up. Plus there are chores to do!!!
1 comment:
Hey, we're doing school on this Sat morn too! And it has to be done before they go to a bday party! So, I'll be mean with you. :)
Enjoy working on all your projects!
Post a Comment