Swagbucks Swidget

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Will she or wont she?

Well, today was the big day!!! Shelby and Macy have been planning a sleepover at Macy's house for over a week. I'm not sure if Shelby will make it or not.
It was a looong day of waiting for Macy to come and pick her up. She was up with her bag packed by 7:30 a.m. I told her to just cool down that it would be after lunch but she wanted to be ready. After that we got ready to go vote. I think the kids have been looking forward to going and voting for a few weeks. We had to remind both of them that they couldn't talk about who to vote for once we got to the door. They did very good. The wait took forever!! Just kidding. It only took about 5 minutes from the time we walked in the door till we were back at the van. It was about to kill Shelby to ask who we voted for but she kept quiet till we were in the van.
After voting, I took Landon and ran some errands and Shelby started playing the waiting game again. She kept asking could she call and see when they would be here. I knew it would be after lunch (and had told Shelby this) but didn't have an exact time since Macy had to work on a school project this morning.
Well finally at 3:30 p.m. she got her wish. Macy called and said they were on their way. By this time it had been snowing and Shelby had been worried that they wouldn't get to have a sleep over. It was just snowing--no sticking--of course since we live here!!!
Well before they could get here to pick her up, that lip of hers was shaking and tears were in her eyes. I felt so bad for her. She wants to sleep over with her friends but she wants to be home and you can't do both. She hadn't been gone 10 minutes when she called to tell us that they were going out to pick up Chineese food and bring it home to eat. She and Macy had a movie ready to watch. After that they were going to do their nails and dance. Sounded pretty fun to me. Macy and her family are so sweet and I'm sure God sent them to us!!!!
So anyway we now waiting for bed time. I'm sure they will be up for a while--especially since they already cancelled our church for tomorrow. Mimi used to always tell me, "The night don't get to dark and the road don't get to long." (I tested her on it several times!!) and that is one thing that I tell my kids--especially Shelby. At least if she needs to come home tonight, Macy just lives a few streets away. Mimi and driven many hours to come and get me and then she had to go to work. I'm so sorry Mimi!!!Macy is trying to talk her into going to GA camp this summer for a week--sing ups are in Feb. I'm not sure that Macy is going to win her over!!! I'll let you know if she makes it tonight or not.

No comments: