Swagbucks Swidget

Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday Nights

Wendy, Krista, Katherine, Nancy, Tracie and Dianna

Monday nights can be a little hectic around here at times and usually, Steve is walking in the door as I am walking out. Why? Monday Night Bible Study.
About 2 years ago, we got a note in our paper box announcing that a First Steps Bible study was going to be held at our neighbor's house. When I first saw the note, I said that I wasn't going to go but I held on to that paper. Ever few days, I would change from not going to going. Well on the first night of the study, Steve said for me to go and if I really didn't like it then don't go back. Some of you know me well enough to know that it was HUGE for me to go to something like that--especially if I had to go alone. Let me just say that it was a LONG walk that first night--even if it was only 4 houses away. Well guess what? God blessed me with a wonderful group of ladies in that first study. The group has changed members some over the past 2 years. At one point there was 10 of us and now there are 6 (4 of whom are original members--but only 3 of us have been there since the first night) of us who meet regularly on Monday nights and we are on our 4th study.
This summer we have taken an unintentional break due to everyone being gone so much. I have really missed these last few weeks and have been a little sad that I wont get to finish this study with them. As I was talking with Krista 2 weeks ago we were talking about missing Monday nights and she said that we should get together one more time before I left so that's what we planned.
Tonight we met for one last "Monday Night Bible Study," but this time we brought our families. Everyone brought an appetizer and we had a great time of fellowship with our friends and families. As I sit here typing this, I'm a little teary-eyed. See things were so dog gone hard when we moved here and I was determined not to like it but then I got involved with this great group of ladies and God changed my heart. Do I like it here? No I still don't call this home but I love these ladies and their families. We have gone through a lot together over these past few years. We've learned that we're not in a boat alone but actually no matter what it is, we have company and sometimes we have a lot of company!!!!!
I am so thankful for these wonderful ladies and I have told them so many times. I am thankful for Nancy and her obedience--I just don't think you take on leading a Bible study without prompting from the Holy Spirit. I am thankful for Steve, who has done his best to be home each Monday so that not only could I go but also our neighbor Katherine (Steve watched her son most nights also).
So even though this is not home, it is where we live (at least for another week) and we do have people here that we love and will miss dearly. I'm going to have to eat my words about not being upset when we "finally get to move." I think I know that come next Wednesday, when all is said and done that Shelby probably wont be the only one with tears in her eyes!

This is going to be a busy week so not much time to sit and think about it but next Monday, Landon's 1st birthday, we are going back to Krista's for dinner and I think that will be much harder but I am still so thankful for my friends.

God has blessed us with wonderful neighbors and friends with each move and I know that He will bless us again--but we'll still miss the ones we've left behind.

2 comments:

Frugal Home School Mom said...

I wanted to let you know how touched I was by reading your post. I can only imagine the emotions that you have experienced in the past 2 years. God is so good!

My name is Dianna said...

What a blessing to have a bunch of believers in your neighborhood...I am blessed to live in a community where I have lots of godly support!