look what I almost ran into.....![]()
Yep!! I almost had a heart attack!!! I don't like spiders at
all--I don't run screaming when I see them but I don't want to be around them
either!!! Anyway I caught the web out of the corner of my eye while I was
trimming my roses and jasmine. As I reached up to swipe it down, I saw
this charming little guy--well I think it's a she, but either
way.....
I came in and quickly got the camera and Steve. If it jumped on me while I was taking it's picture, somebody needed to be around to call 911!
After I took some pictures, I came it to find out what type of spider it was. I also sent Drew and Shelby outside to see it. Shelby came in and she said "hey you can see it really good from this window." So here is what it looks like from the window.
After some searching, I think I've figured out what type of spider we have here. It's a Yellow and Black Garden Spider aka A Writing Spider. They don't usually bite people and they fall into the low venom category but I'm not taking any chances! Here is some info I found on the spider:
the bite of Orb-Weaving Spiders is of low risk (not toxic) to humans. They are a
non-aggressive group of spiders. Seldom bite. Be careful not to walk into their
webs at night - the fright of this spider crawling over one's face can be
terrifying and may cause a heart attack, particularly to the susceptible over 40
year olds. (or not quite 40 year olds who grab them during the day!!)
Have a great afternoon and watch out for SPIDERS!!!
1 comment:
Yuck! At least it proved to be educational.
Post a Comment